Energy Management System Software - EMS™
ETAP Energy Management System (EMS) is a suite of energy management software tools used to monitor, control, and optimize the performance of generation and transmission systems. This intelligent energy management software control system is designed to reduce energy consumption, improve the utilization of the system, increase reliability, predict electrical system performance, and as well as optimize energy usage to reduce cost. ETAP (EMS) Energy Management System applications use real-time data such as frequency, actual generation, tie-line load flows, and plant units’ controller status to provide system changes.
There are many objectives of an energy management software, including an application to maintain the frequency of a Power Distribution System and to keeping tie-line power close to the scheduled values. In ETAP’s Energy Management System, scheduled values will be maintained by adjusting the MW outputs of the AGC generators so as to accommodate fluctuating load demands. The energy management software application will also calculate the required parameters to optimize the operation of the generation units under energy management action.
ETAP Energy Management Software application has the following main calculation functions:
• Load Frequency Control (LFC)
• Economic Dispatch (ED)
• Interchange Transaction Scheduling (ITS)
Energy Management Software Key Features:
• Automatic steady-state optimization control
• Auto control overload, over/undervoltage, etc.
• Auto control LTCs, circuit breakers, relays, etc.
• Chain of logic controls & action validations
• Generation averaging (load sharing)
• Minimize MW & Mvar losses
• Minimize power factor penalties
• Intelligent inhibitive & permissive controls
• Maximize voltage security index
• Energy cost assessment
• Supervisory & advisory control
• User-friendly logics & macros
• Control system simulator
• Peak shaving
• Optimize spin reserve
• Intelligent generation control
• Fuel cost optimization
• Economic dynamic dispatch